John

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
It was somewhere outside Barstow when "John"
wrote:

Bear in mind that Stilsons are designed to "bite" into the metal you are
trying to hold. A nice chromed finish with deep bite marks from Stilson
jaws
is unlikely to cut much mustard with SWMBO.

You don't need a chromed finish, nor are Stillson bitemarks a problem.
The elbow joint is hidden inside the plastic case of the shower unit.

For a Triton the final entry is from the bottom, but you can run a
pipe in from above, below or either side. The bed (top only) and the
final compression joint get hidden,

As I recall none of your points in this post were made clear to the OP.
aqlso remember the answers are read by many more people than the OP, some of
whom have been known to take "advice" as gospel.
I've come across far too many fittings and finishes butchered by stilsons to
simply assume everything in the garden is rosy. Don't get my message wrong -
Stilsons are excellent tools when used for their intended purpose which is
to grip and turn steel pipe. Decor finishes and "nuts" should be treated
with respect and more appropriate tools such as correctly fitting
spanners/adjustables or grips with protected jaws.