Christian Treldal

Den Tue, 22 Mar 2005 02:07:27 -0600. skrev Awol [AT] i-hacked [D0T] com:

I can handle rewiring a connector or jumpering as needed to retrofit an
alternate display. There's 1/4"+ of space between the LCD and underlying
PCB - plenty of room for a wiring/mounting adapter. Any sources or possible
part numbers?

What you need is a 16x2 display LCDs which use the standard Hitachi 44780
controller or the million comparitible ones there are out there.

http://www.myke.com/lcd.htm

I think you can get it from your local electronics pusher.

Awol

"Christian Treldal" wrote in message
news
Den Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:38:50 -0600. skrev Awol [AT] i-hacked [D0T] com:

It is a 2x16 character display, with 10 pins, non-backlit. Pins are at
top
of LCD panel, slightly left of center. It's overall dimensions are about
1.5" x 2", with an active area about 0.5" x 1.75". Does this sound like
an
industry standard LCD?

Yes; but you will likely have to move the connector to the new panel

--
Med venlig hilsen

Christian Treldal

--