CJT

Mike wrote:
Repairing a BK E-200D rf signal generator. This waveform is what my
scope is showing on the output with the internal 400hz audio signal
applied at 50% modulation on an approx 500kHz signal. It should be a
clean sine wave. I am new to using a scope so not sure what the
waveform indicates, clipping? Power supply is not clean?
Here is a jpeg - thanks for any help!

http://mparkes.com/img_1807.jpg

It looks like your modulating audio signal is a filtered square wave
(or a square wave run through an amp with inadequate bandwidth).