Bob G

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:53:48 -0500, Tony Lisanti
wrote:

My wife and I bought a house about 1 year ago. The previous
owners, did nothing for the up keep of the house. The board of the
deck appear to be warped. They have some splits in them, and the wood
appears to have ripples in it, for lack of a better word. If you run
your hand over a board, its all bumpy. I tried to hand sand this,but
this would take forever. Would I be wasting my time trying to sand
all this, or should I just bite the bullet and replace all the boards?

I would pull out a small electric planer before I would take a sander
to the boards...just a lot faster...

But without seeing the decking it is realy impossible to
say....decking is not really expesive so it depends on just how many
boards are warped....or.. spliting

Bob Griffiths