George E. Cawthon

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Robert11" wrote in message

Hello:

Bought a metal foil duct roll at Home Depot to replace the duct
from a 30 year old gas clothes dryer installation.

Seemed to be the standard type of AL foil metal duct for this purpose
that Home Depot sells, but frankly didn't look all that carefully to see
if there were others.

Do you mean the flexible kind? If so, a rigid aluminum duct is better. Any
home supply house should have it.

That's what I thought also. I recently put down
new vinyl under my dryer and washer and decide to
use rigid aluminum duct to replace the old
corrugated vinyl tubing.

Surprise, neither Lowe's nor Home Depot had solid
aluminum duct for dryers. They did have the
corrugated aluminum (flexible)duct. They also had
an aluminum elbow so I bought that and use an old
(but never used) piece of corrugated vinyl tubing
to connect the elbow to the outside vent. Would
have been much easier to use a solid aluminum duct
since I only needed a 12" piece.