Travis Jordan

Phil wrote:
So ... I'm looking at all the nice new shiny gas grills (LP, that is)
out there ... and wow, there's a *lot* of choices. Been a long time
since I've bought one of these things.

Wellll..... about five years ago I needed an LP gas grill for a weekend
party I was hosting at a friend's beach house. My plan was to 'donate'
the grill to my friend after the party was over.

I considered buying a high-end grill with stainless steel, etc., but
after thinking about how rough the salt air was on anything metal I
decided on a lower priced cast aluminum grill with porcelain cooking
racks. I recall it was a Char-Broil that I bought at HD. My
expectation was that my friend would throw it away after a year, maybe
two at most.

We had a party last night at his house and the grill is still going
strong. He has to light it with a match because the ignitor quit a
couple of years ago, but with two sets of new cooking grills over five
years, it was a bargain at about $250. It still gets used about once a
week, and he cleans it out a couple of times a year with engine
degreaser and a wire brush.

Hope this helps.