Jerry G. wrote:
I am thinking that your meter is being effected by some harmonics. I

have
seen this before. If your circuit breaker for the outlet is a 15 Amp

rated,
it would be in a short time that it should become opened.

The inverter ovens are using switching power supply technology. The

current
pull from these under load is difficult to accurately measure. If the

oven
seem to be working okay, I would think it is okay.

--

Jerry G.
======

I just went to FCC site and searched its FCC ID. I poked around the
exhibits Panasonic has submitted to FCC and one of the repots did say
"120V 16.7A 2004W"
Go to this link:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout =500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=314929&fcc_i d='ACLAP6K51'

^that's one large line if it gets wrapped.
Download the PDF document Test Report Application index and summary.

Bottom of page 5 shows the specification for model # NN-S654BF. This
one says 120V 12.7A which is consistent with my instruction manual.

Bottom of page 8 shows test result for the same model # microwave.
120V 16.7A 2004W input, which is consistent with my measured result.

Last I checked, there's no way 16.7A appliace would be permitted with a
NEMA-15P plug with an intent to be used on a 15A circuit. But I could
be wrong..