Pooh Bear

Not strictly true - I can notice the hiss *more* when I turn up the
input trim. The original problem is that the desk is too hissy - when
used at *any* level :-)

It's used on stage for my band as it has better EQ (not to mention more
inputs !) than our previous PA head, and since we made the switch we've
noticed a distinct increase in hiss coming through the PA speakers -
which is coming from the mixer. I just wanted to see if I could reduce
the noise level as a lot of our numbers are quiet-ish and no doubt the
sound could be improved by some hiss reduction.

Just about *any* mixer will have better performance than typical 'PA heads'
that usually have dismal specs.

It sounds to me like you're not operating the mixer at an optimum signal
level.

What kind of amplifier are you connecting to and what type of input ? How
far do the mixer bargraphs light up when you're playing ?

Graham