Dave August

It's easier just to make a couple of covers for your table. Most of us keep
out vice in the same place all the time, so ya just contour the ends ta
match it's profile.
Several of my friends us masonite, one has aluminum that he put a rubber top
on to be nice to tooling.
Plastic works well too. I've been thinking of making some new ones out of
the masonite that's got a white plastic coating on it.. Then I could
scribble 'white borad' notes right on the table.. LOL...

FWIW my lathe has T-slots on the cross slide, but has plenty of room at
either end so I made super long T-thingies to slide in it...

Dave

"Randy Replogle" wrote in message
When I arrived at my current job I found the leftovers of a roll (?) of a
soft plastic t-slot filling material. It pressed into the t-slots leaving
a surface flush with the table top which kept the chips easy to just brush
off. I haven't been able to find anything like it. Anyone know who might
sell it?
Randy