Charles A. Sherwood

The select trac allows 2wd, full time
and part time 4wd. This is the primary reason I choose the jeep
over the other vehicles

Guess again. The Jeep transfer case was made by New Venture Gear. As was the

That is true. But in 1996, neither Ford or Chevy put a full time (ie AWD)
T-case into the explorer or blazer. They were part time that could only
be used on slipery roads or part time that was engaged by a computer when it
detected slip. Not to mention chevy used some goofy heat expansion to
move some pistons to lock the front hubs. Sounds like rub goldburg to me.
I talked to one ford owner who was left stranded because his computer
didn't see the slip and would not go into 4x4. No thanks.

I'm sure things are different now.

chuck