Harold and Susan Vordos

"dogpoint" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have been looking for some aluminum oxide to use as a blasting media for
some small metal parts. A source on the east coast was found on the
internet. The min. order was 50 lb. @ $1.29 per lb. plus $45.00 shipping.

Does anyone know of a source in the SF bay area. Also I would like to
purchase no more than 25 lb.

Right now I don't even have a blasting cabinet but wanted to find the

media
first. Oh yes, I was looking for something in a fine grit 180 to 220.

TIA,

Rich

Can't help with a source, but I do question the grit you desire. That's
so fine it will likely get picked up by the air cleaning system and
discharged with little recycling. It could get real expensive using a blast
cabinet under those conditions. Unless you have a need for abrasive that
fine, I'd give serious consideration to coarser media.

Harold