PrecisionMachinisT

"Rex B" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:

Bzzzzzt! Beginners are good to go with $200 welders. ($120 in my case)
I'd steer him toward a MIG or the $199 TIG at Harbor Freight instead
of a $700 welder. If bought new, he'd instantly lose $400 minimum if
he tried to resell it. The cheapie might easily resell for the same
price he paid IF he didn't keep it as a backup.

Agreed. I just sold my 90-amp 120V Crapsman for exactly what I paid new
for it, 3 years ago.
Looking for a new one, with more power, I find Hobart 120-amp
welders for $250 on ebay stores, ButItNow

What welding rod and settings would you guys suggest for a beginner, Im
repairing a tractor bucket as my first project--3/16 thick probly A36, stick
welding....I have a 400 amp welder cv cc......

--

SVL