DIYSOS

I've lived without central heating in my particular house for donkey's
years, and from experience I know this place isn't plagued with damp or
burst pipes at the coldest or wettest of times. I'm putting in CH as I speak
(well write... well while I'm writing this I'm not putting in CH but you
know what I mean...). Personnally I wouldn't leave it on unoccupied in the
winter, let alone now and in fact plan to turn it *off* during cold snaps to
keep the bug population down. I would drain the system, esp tanks in summer
months.

Then again I live in a terraced in a dry-ish part of the country, if the OP
has a cold, damp detached in Scotland or on Lizard Point or in a flood plain
that might make a difference, but otherwise think of your bills and the
planet!.

DIYSOS