Larry Jaques

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:25:57 -0800, the inscrutable mac davis
spake:

hmm... I got the same one, knowing it would be crap... (which it was, IMO)
Main reason for ordering it was that I was running out of cheap bits and the
ones that come with the 12V kit are pretty good for the price..

Maybe you got the turbo model, Larry, the one I got bogs down if you lean the
little sanding drum against anything tougher than air.. lol

You need to remember that it's not a 3hp router. They're meant for
minimal material removal with very light pressure. That said, I
feel that it still works even if it slows down to half speed: a full
10k RPM. YMMV.

He's doing foam, fer chrissake. That ought to cut quick and clean.

OTOH, I've heard that the HF 110v 4 speed one is a pretty good tool....

I haven't seen them. Or try the $90 Griz trim router or the other mfgr
who makes those zip tools. But all of those are triple the price or
better.

--

People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but
most of the time they'll pick themselves up and carry on.