Edwin Pawlowski

"Phil" wrote in message
So ... I'm looking at all the nice new shiny gas grills (LP, that is) out
there ... and
wow, there's a *lot* of choices. Been a long time since I've bought one
of these things.

Let's see .....

Burners: Stainless Steel vs. Cast Iron vs. Brass vs. Aluminum (I think)
..... what's
better, and why?

Splash Shields / Flavorizer Bars: Some of the burners have them, some
don't. Why?
Does it really matter?

Cooking Grates: Stainless Steel vs. Porcelain over something vs. Enamel
over something
What's better, and why?

Any of the better brands will have a good setup. I have a VC series Vermont
Castings with SS burner tubes and SS flavorizer bars. Holding up well after
about five trouble free years. www.vermontcastings.com Other good brands
are MHP www.modernhomeproducts.com Ducane, Broilmaster, Broil King, Weber.

Much of the grates is personal preference. I have a heavy cast iron with
porcelain coating. plain CI is prone to rust.

Go to a propane dealer or a store that specializes in outdoor furniture for
the better brands to choose from. Make a list of what is important to you.
Rotisserie with infrared burner? Wood chip box? Side burner?