ShirKahn wrote:

While I know lableing requirements differ between the civilized world
and here in Oklahoma, one universal is the packaging. The regular
home-style foodstuffs bags you get at the local market aren't

suitable
for resale in most cases. Your friend should look into getting a
heat-sealer and a supply of commercial grade packaging. Commercial
grade table top models show up on Ebay for sale in the UK with some
regularity (I know because every time my buddy thought he found one
that he could afford I'd have to point out it was for sale in

England)

Dave:
Thanks Mary. I'll get him to make contact with the LA when he phones

me
tomorrow.

He is reputed to be one of the top Indian chefs in the Lancashire

area.
I am keen to see he gets a good foot hold on his future.

Dave

I'm pretty sure tiled kitchens are regarded as unsuitable for
commercial use.

Heat sealers are remarkably expensive for what they are, look at Trend
catalogue for one (the stationers, not tool makers), but expect =A3100
for what is nothing more than a hinged thing, a bit of R wire and a
small transformer. Low sales volume I guess.

NT