Bob Parker

Yesterday I started trying a few different resonators/crystals of
assorted frequencies in the remote. With a 455kHz resonator, the
output frequency to the IR LED was something over 4kHz, and all
functions were incredibly slow.
Figuring that the IR frequency should be close to 40kHz, I put in a
4MHz crystal, a frequency I'm sure I've often seen in remotes, and the
IR frequency was about what I thought it should be= just under 40kHz.
We're going to give this a try and see if it works.
Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions!

Bob

Matt2 - Amstereo amstereo@ToptusDOTcomDOTau wrote:

its probably a 455khz version E, these are found in analogue am radios
and any other ir remote control.