Leon

"Woodchuck34" wrote in message
oups.com...
Snip

Because of the X5 rebate, if I order by the end of the month, I get
another $100 off. I wanted a 52" fence, but the guy at Woodcraft made
a pretty good case for a 30" (safety, and saving the money).

The first time you need to rip something 32" wide you will be kinking
youself if you go with the narrower cut. I have never regretted getting the
52" capacity. Sounds more like he is trying to shoe horn you in to a TS.
Safety?

My first question is on the fence. Which style do you all prefer?

The Bies style for me. I have heard plusses for both stiles but more
complaints about the unifence not always being straight.

My second question is a moral issue. This guy spent a lot of time with
me and gave me some great insight. Do I cough up the extra money to
buy it there or do I avoid the sales tax and shipping charges and buy
it from Amazon (who is also giving an extra $25 off). I'm torn. I
usually buy my stuff there because they're great whenever I have a
question, but I'd probably save another $175. What would you do?

Do like I do. Give them an offer that is fair to both of you. Leave the
ball in his court. If they want your business they will work with you.
Also I recomend buying every thing now to make the deal better for both of
you. If you also buy the mobile stand, out feed table, and that new blade
he will try harder to not loose the deal. The fact that you can return
anything for up to 1 year at Woodcraft is a nice insurance policy for a big
purchase like this. They will probably be with you every step of the way,
will Amazon be?