Woodchuck34

Default New TS Unifence or Biesmeyer? (yes another TS post)

Friday night SWMBO gave me the green light to buy a new TS. Saturday
morning I was in the local Woodcraft talking to one of the guys about
the different features. I am interested in a Powermatic, Jet, or Delt
Contractor saw and after a long conversation, and a lot of research on
my own (I've been buildling the case for a new TS for weeks), narrowed
it down to a Delta.

Because of the X5 rebate, if I order by the end of the month, I get
another $100 off. I wanted a 52" fence, but the guy at Woodcraft made
a pretty good case for a 30" (safety, and saving the money).

My first question is on the fence. Which style do you all prefer?

My second question is a moral issue. This guy spent a lot of time with
me and gave me some great insight. Do I cough up the extra money to
buy it there or do I avoid the sales tax and shipping charges and buy
it from Amazon (who is also giving an extra $25 off). I'm torn. I
usually buy my stuff there because they're great whenever I have a
question, but I'd probably save another $175. What would you do?

My third question, has anyone built the TS/Router Center cabinet in the
Oct. 2003 issue of Wood Mag? It would be ideal for me. I currently
have a similar setup on my TS, but is a first version and is a little
rough around the edges to say the least. I'm looking at the router
table as a good second table so I'm not concerned with the "router
table in the TS issue".

Thanks, as always, in advance for your 2 cents.

Chuck