Doug Miller

In article et, wrote:

I'm no lawyer, so there is probably some one (probably a plethora of
someones) who knows more than I on this topic, but I see nothing above
that would preclude Clinton (God forbid) from running as VP. As I read
the 22nd, it uses the word "elected" president. I also re-read the
12th, but could not see how that would apply.

You might have missed it. Amendment 12 is kind of long-winded, and it's in the
very last sentence:

"But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be
eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."

And thus, since by Amendment 22, Clinton is no longer eligible to be
President, then by Amendment 12, he is not eligible to be Vice President
either.

Could you explain it a bit more clearly so I can understand exactly what
would preclude his running (other than good taste).

Technically, I guess nothing could stop him from *running*. But Amendment 12
certainly prohibits him from being *inaugurated*.

--
Regards,