Glen

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "Andy" wrote:

False. Having served two full terms as President, Clinton is no longer
constitutionally eligible to be President again (Amendment 22) and therefore
is ineligible to be Vice President either (Amendment 12).

..

Amendment XXII

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than
twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as
President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was
elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than
once.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.amendmentxxii.html

--
Regards,

Doug,

I'm no lawyer, so there is probably some one (probably a plethora of
someones) who knows more than I on this topic, but I see nothing above
that would preclude Clinton (God forbid) from running as VP. As I read
the 22nd, it uses the word "elected" president. I also re-read the
12th, but could not see how that would apply.

Could you explain it a bit more clearly so I can understand exactly what
would preclude his running (other than good taste).

Glen