Charlie Self

Richard Clements blares:

.I'm a medically disqualified, or I would be, I have 2 plates 7 screws

in my
right ankle. I have one brother who i still in the service (air force)
and
3 that are out (2 army, one navy) and a fair number of friends in the
service, or former service members. you have your opinion and that's
fine,
and by all means don't let the facts interrupt it but I digress. make
sawdust, have fun, and be well I have better things to do

What facts have you presented?

Incidentally, I believe I saw a news item the other day about a soldier
who had a foot blown off in Iraq who is going back--as an active duty
soldier.

It's funny about friends. I'm a former Marine, with many friends in the
same situation, and most of my friends are also veterans. Most of them
think this war is not the best idea our government has ever come up
with. We're doing something that didn't need to be done by us, for
people who mostly don't appreciate it, in a manner that is depleting
natural resources in this country (young service people), and using up
other national treasure as well.

I'm really curious what Bush supporters who believe in his "mission" to
turn the world into democracies think we'll be able to afford as we go
along. There's no end in sight in Iraq, with some so-called
administration experts now saying we're going to be there for a decade
or more. There is no indication that the "saving" of Iraq, and its
rebuilding, will ever be financed by Iraqi oil, as was the original
intent. So the U.S. is going to spend 750 soldiers lives and 50 to 100
billion bucks each year for the next decade, while thinking seriously
about continuing the process in other countries with nasty-assed
dictators?

Please. Tell me what FACTS you've got!