christo

Default Ariston Eurocombi boiler - no flame

Hi all,

I have just moved into a flat with an Ariston Eurocombi. The boiler
has no pilot light and I have tried to light it with no success. THere
is a small reddish button in the middle of the control panel with an
image of a flame with an 'X' through it. I guess this is the ignition,
but then I push it, it just feels springy. There's no click, no sound
and no sign of a flame. When I turn on the hot tap, I hear a click in
the boiler, but that's all.

I know the boiler was working fine a week ago when I came to the flat,
but the previous tenants must have turned everything off and no I just
need to know how to fire the thing up again.

Can anybody help with this please?

christo