Peter Lehmann wrote:
Hi there,
Thanks for reply.
I think, this VCR has definetly no DEW-sensor. In the upper right

corner
of the drive-mechanism is a small PCB with two connectors. One is for

the loading-motor, the second is marked DE and -empty- :-(
Since I am working on VCRs for more than ten years, I know how a
DEW-Sensor looks like and works, but naturally you know nothing about

my
skills.

So I will check the PSU and wait for more ideas.
Normally I would give up such a VCR (Longplay, but no HiFi-Sound),

but
it is a multinorm (PAL, NTSC, SECAM), so I should try to save it.
73
Peter

Peter,
Just thought of another thing you could look at.
Yesterday I repaired a SABA vcr with similar symptoms: buttons ignored,
power flashing on-off, unusual mode cycling, etc.
Turned out that the front rewind switch was being pressed in
permanently by part of the plastic front panel button, which had
deformed. I discovered that when the front panel was removed the unit
worked fine with but would go crazy when it was replaced.

regards, Ben