Mike

Dave,
I found the problem - Q3 was apparently bad - I didn't have an exact
match for it, so used a generic NPN high gain amp laying around and
now its working fine! Not sure the 400hz tone is working when setting
the switch to that setting, but CW seems to work fine and I figure
thats what I will generally be using. thanks for the help,
Mike

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:24:13 -0500, "DaveM"
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
.. .
I don;t really expect to get any help on this but figured what the
heck
BK E-200D RF signal generator - powers up, crystal calibrator seems to
work but meter doesn't budge and no RF out. help.

Look for problems associated with the oscillator (Q1), buffer amp (2),
modulator (Q3), or the attenuator network. When you say that the crystal
calibrator seems to work, how are you determining this?