GerryG

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:20:49 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:02:56 GMT, the inscrutable GerryG
spake:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 06:47:28 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

snip
In the meantime, I'm a'goin to go and stain some cherry.

...and come back as a crotch crab in your next life.

Sorry, but I had to do it.

Did not. You could have said "Get some jerk kid to ruin it for you."
Alternatively (if you wanted your daughter to speak to you again)
you could have stated it a bit more diplomatically "Let me finish
it and see what you think. If you don't like it, we can make it
look ****ty like your commercial piece of crap there with some
nice Minwhacked PolyShades." (Grain? What grain?)

snip

Minwacked PolyShades? Sorry, but I didn't go there. This was sprayed with a
mix of TransTint dyes, using several feathered coats to blend the cherry
pieces to the same shade. Sprayed with clear shellac to seal and scuff sanded,
then a light coat of amber shellac to darken it just a bit. Finish was three
thin coats of flat poly. With no pigments or glaze used, the grain is still
there.
GerryG