Allen

In article ,
"Ed in Florida" wrote:

Allen - Here at the institution, we prefer to use the term "mentally
unstable" instead of "nuts". I've been mentally unstable for years, ever
since I started trying to make furniture just using hand tools. The good
news is that I've improved to the point where they let me work with sharp
implements and power tools. If I do it right they might release me sooner.

The humidity is actually fairly constant (~75%) year round except for a few
days out of the year when a cold front with drier air (~40%) passes thru. I
don't work in my shop on those frigid days when the outside temp drops into
the 50s. Even if the humidity was really variable I wouldn't expect one
piece of lumber to change in thickness by .004" and another similar piece to
do something different.

Ed

I guess I'm outpatient in that clinic up here.

When I lived in Pensacola (which is much closer to LA than FL*) the
humidity and temp would wildly swing. It actually snowed on us one day.
I was flying TA-4's in August and Sep and it was not unusual to lose 10
lbs of water weight in an hour sortie. Gosh, what I wouldn't give for
that now

Have fun with the sharp knives. It shocked me how the dullness snuck up
on me and how much better the planer ran afterward.

Allen

* LA = Lower Alabama