David

Default Will shellac lock in traces of wax?

I decided I need to put an additional coat of water borne poly over a
drawer front (I need to darken it slightly). I know that some of the
drawers I finished last week got a coat of Johnson's Paste Wax.

Here's my question: would dewaxed shellac be an effective treatment for
locking in any wax residue before I apply the WB poly? Otherwise, what
solvent is gonna be safe to use on new WB poly, to remove the wax
without buggering up the finish? Also, I can't imagine that wiping a
solvent over the wood would remove all traces of wax from some of the
pores remaining in the oak that I MOSTLY filled with clear pore filler.

Dave