ATP*

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey guys,
Since i was a little kid i been fascinated by the art of welding.
I been thinking of learning how to weld. Today i went to walmart
and noticed they had three choices of welders for sale, and arc
($99), a wire feed ($199), mig wire feed (regular $299, on sale $199
now).

I want to learn to weld and the projects i want to do are things
like building go carts, maybe some auto-body work.

Which welder you recommend i buy to start learning to weld?

Thanks!

I would say take a course at your local community college/vocational school
first, if that's an option where you live. Otherwise, for sheet metal work,
I like MIG. I'm not sure what you're going to get for $199, though. Do a
Google Groups search, this discussion has been done about a million times.