Doug Miller

In article , "Paul" wrote:
BTW, now if you are interestinged in running two circuts in the same
cable, why have you ruled out 12/3 ?

I had it in my head that sharing a neutral for two circuits was a big no-no,
so I never considered that option....

It's perfectly fine, as long as both of these conditions are met:
a) the two hot conductors are on *opposite* legs of the service, and
b) both hot conductors are disconnected by the same device.
Both requirements are easily met by using a standard double-pole (240V)
breaker.

Might want to post what you doing(or intend on doing) to get
suggestions how to do it best.

As it turns out, I found a better route through the house and have enlisted
a helper, so I'm going to KISS and run two 12/2 romex cables...

That'll definitely be easier in the long run, and less confusing to the next
homeowner.

--
Regards,