tony sayer

In article om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:11:57 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

IMHO, you'll need something larger than a metre or so for decent
results.

Depends how much MF and LF response he wants... there is a
relationship between dish diameter and the lowest frequency that it
will focus effectively. They do have a lot of "suck" and directivity
though at the expense of frequency response. Do a UK google search on
"sound mirrors" for real parabs...

Last time I rigged a parab was at Headingly on a test match to get the
whack of leather on willow, there where also mics buried in the pitch
and cabled back, these had to be delayed.

He's only after birds song and I don't suppose they do Baritone and
Bass)
--
Tony Sayer