chris French

In message , Lobster
writes
A few months ago I laid some slate tiles outside on a mortar bed, and
unfortunately one has lifted. Underneath the mortar bed is completely
flat and undamaged, and I'd like to be able to just stick the tile back
down with something, rather than hack out the old mortar (no doubt
having to disturb the surrounding tiles too) and replace it - with the
risk it'll probably lift again anyway?

Any thoughts as to suitable adhesive? Or is it Portland Time?

I'd try with a 'No More Nails' type adhesive. A solvent based one is
probably better outside.

Did this when a slate tile in my dads conservatory came loose. It worked
fine there. I don't know how it would hold up ouside, but probably last
while. If it comes loose again in couple of years well, you haven't lost
anything.
--
Chris French, Leeds