Mark

Not strictly true - I can notice the hiss *more* when I turn up the
input trim. The original problem is that the desk is too hissy -

when
used at *any* level :-)

It's used on stage for my band as it has better EQ (not to mention

more
inputs !) than our previous PA head, and since we made the switch

we've
noticed a distinct increase in hiss coming through the PA speakers -
which is coming from the mixer. I just wanted to see if I could

reduce
the noise level as a lot of our numbers are quiet-ish and no doubt

the
sound could be improved by some hiss reduction.

Can you try turning the gain DOWN on your PA amplifer, and trun the
gain UP on the mixer trim pots for each mic channel.

You may have a gain distribution problem.

Any resoanble mixer should be OK for PA applications if used correctly.

What kind of music are you performing?

Mark