Mac

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:51:01 -0800, pcmangler wrote:

[snip]

with a microphone connected to channel 1 (heavily wrapped up in cloth
in a silent room - as I have no resistors lying around !), ch1 fader
and master fader set to 0dB, pad switch OFF, input trim ZERO, I get
-68dB

As above, but with the input trim set to max gain, I get -37dB

Like I said, I don't know if any of this is helpful, but it's all I can
offer right now ! :-)

If you don't have any resistors, you could try shorting out the mic input,
just as an experiment. Then try it with the wrapped-up mic, and see how
big the difference is. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Kev.

--Mac