Ralph J. Ramirez

I have tried several lacquers but find "Deft" lacquer to be the most
forgiving. With other lacquers I had to fiddle around a lot more by adding
additives (retardants, accelerators, flatteners, etc.). I also use an HVLP
gun because of the very low over-spray and efficiency of medium coverage.
As far as inexpensive, I can only advise you to buy the best you can afford,
Harbor Freight definitely has inexpensive HVLP spray guns and from what I
understand work fairly well. Don't buy cheap if you can help it, I compare
a cheap gun to a cheap brush. If you wanted a real nice finish would you
buy the cheapest brush you could find? Good luck in your
selection........Ralph

"G. McCoy" wrote in message
.. .
I am interested in any suggestions and recommendations for different types
of lacquer for use on wood turnings and the same for a inexpensive HVLP
spray gun to use with my air compressor