Dave Plowman (News)

In article om,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
IMHO, you'll need something larger than a metre or so for decent
results.

Depends how much MF and LF response he wants... there is a
relationship between dish diameter and the lowest frequency that it
will focus effectively. They do have a lot of "suck" and directivity
though at the expense of frequency response.

Yes. I'm not sure they're exactly of the best quality, as the ones I've
seen tend to have been used with any old mic that was lying around.

Last time I rigged a parab was at Headingly on a test match to get the
whack of leather on willow, there where also mics buried in the pitch
and cabled back, these had to be delayed.

Yet another problem to add to digital this and that. But I suppose at
least that parab would have been fixed since the balls are hit only on one
axis?

--
*Reality? Is that where the pizza delivery guy comes from?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.