Harry Bloomfield

Hugo Nebula has brought this to us :
I'm leaving for a new job 200 miles away. I haven't yet sold my
house, so I'm going to have to leave it empty for a while. What
should I do with the central heating? It's a standard boiler fed from
a header tank, with a pump, radiators, a hot water tank and a
three-way valve.

I presume turning everything off entirely is not a good idea?

Ideally, it needs to be kept a few degrees above the outside
temperature to keep it dry, but at a minimum of 5 deg C to protect
against frost. As most control systems cannot do this, a reasonable
compromise would be set it to maintain 10 deg C 24/7.

With the C/H running, I can't turn off the gas or electric. What
about the water?

You also need to leave that on.

--

Regards,