John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that Pooh Bear rabbitsfriendsandrelati
wrote (in ) about
'Reducing hiss by changing op-amps ?', on Sun, 20 Mar 2005:

The mic pre consists of a differential long-tailed pair followed by a
differential op-amp configuration to make the signal 'single ended'. The
contribution of the op-amp at low gains normally dominates the noise
output of the mic pre.

Oh, well, I said way back that I couldn't decipher the schematic very
well.
'What is a Moebius strip?'