George Bame

Every saw/brand will have detractors and proponents. All I can say is I've
had a DW708 for a little over a year and I'm very satisfied. I like the
cutting capacity of the sliding miter and the depth of the 12" blade. It
has held adjustment flawlessly and has plenty of power. I put mine on a
Trojan portable table so it's easy to move for outdoor projects like decks.

George Bame
Norfolk, VA

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have recently purchased a property that requires a full make-over. To
save money i intend to carry out the vast majority of the work myself
and i am currently getting my tools together.

I'm have narrowed down my choices to the following models purely based
on brands i have heard spoken of in terms of reliable quality.

Dewalt DW708 or DW712, or Makita LS1214 or LS1013.

The Mitre Saw will be used for door framing, skirting boards, flooring
etc and some larger work outside like decking.

I am by no stretch of the imagination a Carpenter so i would really
appreciate any advice you maybe be able to offer.

Many Thanks
John