Joe

Are you saying that the spring forces the drill downward and you have to
compress it to move the drill up and out of the way? Hmm...

If it is a spiral spring, you might be able to reverse it. Otherwise, I'd
say you have a strange "autofeed" drill press on your hands.

Joe - V#8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com
Northern, NJ
Ride a Motorcycle? Ask me about "The Ride"
http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

Have unwanted music CDs or DVDs of any type? I can use them for our
charity. eMail me privately for details. Donation receipts available.

Know someone with a motorcycle in the NY Metro area?
http://host.mynocdns.com/mailman/lis...rides_yunx.com

"a6016" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have some experience but this is a first for me: I'm not sure of the
nomenclature but drill presses I've seen have a tensioner or spring
that returns the chuck to the top of its travel. Am I explaining that
right? A used one I picked up, made in Japan and appears well made,
does just the opposite. If I want to drill something I have to rotate
the handle "back" so the drill goes up, then I can bring it down to
drill the hole. This just seems weird. Is there a way to reverse it
and make it "normal?" TIA.