Erik

In article ,
Derek wrote:

I need to replace the wife's garden hose and was thinking of using
the cheap ($20 for 50 feet) type of air line. Apart from the smaller
diameter/volume, are there any setbacks?

Thanks.

Go get one of those Craftsman hoses with the life time warranty. They
cost a couple of dollars more, but unless you lose it, it'll be the last
you ever buy. I even took one back after the gardner had a
lawnmower/hose accident.... even told them what happened, no problem.
You don't even need to keep the receipt.

Been through maybe 4 in the last 15 years. The gardner damaged one was
only about a month old.

They even have real machined brass fittings... as far as I can remember,
the fittings were in good shape on all of them I returned.

Erik

PS, BTW, I don't coil my hoses on the ground, I lay them down in a
'figure eight' pattern. Done this way, they play out quick and kink
free... seems to be easier on hoses too. Keep the end out of the loops
or it'll foul.

As always, YMMV.