Grant Erwin

Coming into Seattle from the south at rush hour is tough, all right. The
best strategy is to have 2 people, use the carpool lane as soon as possible,
and cut over to 599 at Tukwila and jet over to the viaduct before the damn
lawyers tear it down. Lots of people don't know about this yet. - GWE

pyotr filipivich wrote:

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show wrote
back on Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:58:37 -0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Oh yeah, taking the I-205 bypass around Portland, OR is still better
than I-5 through it... not by much though. I-405 bypass around
Seattle sucks just as bad as I-5, worse sometimes. Good traffic
reports near Seattle are found at 710 on yer am dial, KIRO.

Or KOMO 1000 AM.

You *don't* want to go through Portland or Seattle during rush hour!

Or anywhere near rush hour. Portland isn't great, but Seattle has made
a science of it. I-5 narrows from four to two lanes right in the middle of
town, then adds traffic entering on the left and trying to make the right
side off ramp a mile up the road. I-405 just makes a couple miles one lane
(as the left lane is HOV, the right lane is backed up for the exit, which
leaves the middle lane for everything.)

My advice is to take a lunch/dinner break in Fife from oh 4:30 to 6.