Steve Steven

From the NSN, I found this comment in the Army Maintenance Data File (AMDF):
Navy COG: 9Y NAVY-OWNED STOCKS OF MATERIAL MANAGED BY THE ARMY WITHIN THE
ARMY COMMUNICATIONS AND ELECTRONICS MATERIAL READINESS COMMAND. NAVY FLEET
MATERIAL SUPPORT OFFICE.
Which indicates possible Navy owenership of the basic unit.
Steve

"Ignoramus3417" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:36:44 -0600, Greg O wrote:

"Ignoramus27209" wrote in message
I know very little about hydraulics. This pump has very many
connectors and also an actuator. I am confused as to what it may
possibly do. The original cost is over $8,000.00. It looks to be in a
pretty sharp condition.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/milsurp/hydraulic-pump/

Any ideas? Is it usable in civilian life?

thanks

It looks to me to be a hydrostatic drive pump, or in other words a
variable
displacement piston pump.

Yes, that makes sense to me. The federal NSN information says as much,
it is a piston pump with actuator.

What it was for, or what it could be used for now is any one's
guess. Without knowing the specifics of the pump it is hard to know
what can be done with it. It may take some serious horsepower to run
it, or maybe not. Greg

Thank you. I will open up the actuator box to see if the motor is 400
Hz or 60 Hz.