Larry Jaques

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:02:56 GMT, the inscrutable GerryG
spake:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 06:47:28 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 02:44:03 GMT, the inscrutable GerryG
spake:

Poly, urethane, acrylic are all suitable finishes for certain applications
when applied correctly.

Ah! The key words are those last 3, which rules out most applications
in the real world. The way poly is applied in the real world is akin
to painting a Lambo with a latex and a pig bristle whitewash brush.

Well....I guess I've got no choice but to agree with you on this one.

Thank you. It's not often that someone who actually uses the crap
will agree about its darker half (95%).

snip
In the meantime, I'm a'goin to go and stain some cherry.

...and come back as a crotch crab in your next life.

Sorry, but I had to do it.

Did not. You could have said "Get some jerk kid to ruin it for you."
Alternatively (if you wanted your daughter to speak to you again)
you could have stated it a bit more diplomatically "Let me finish
it and see what you think. If you don't like it, we can make it
look ****ty like your commercial piece of crap there with some
nice Minwhacked PolyShades." (Grain? What grain?)

Daughter already had a "commercial" coffee table in
their "cherry". Had to go to Jewitt to find out their finishing schedule, but

There ya go with the YB talk...

at least I managed to match it without using the glaze. I will say that

That's good.

everybody liked the cherry better before it was stained, but the budget didn't
allow making a new coffee table also.

Hindsight's 20/20, eh? sigh

--

People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but
most of the time they'll pick themselves up and carry on.