Nicky

Here is a good read, very informative, take a look at

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rodec/.../DC_myths.html

Read it through (it's short)

I've got to ask why you need to run a 3hp motor on a 60A ckt, is this what
you have? Sound like over kill (way over), if you use a 60A breaker (or more
like 50 is what I've seen), does the wiring support this?

9,300 CFM? Careful you don't suck up you're bench top tools. Don't know the
size impeller you're using but specs on my delta with 3hp (that's running on
a 30A ckt) is about 3000cfm. I live at 7,000 ft, so don't know what the real
value is. Vendors don't do a good job of telling us what cfm value you will
likely see.

wrote in message
. ..

If I ground my PVC dust collection ducts to my water pipes, will I
need to sweat bigger copper tubing since my dust collector is 240V?

It's a 3HP motor, but not that efficient so I'll run it on a 60A
breaker. I'm planning to get about 9,300 CFM, but will use 18-inch
duct to make sure the pressure drop isn't too bad.

I don't want SWMBO to get shocked while she's brushing her teeth.

Hope this helps,
John