Robert Allison

Elena Sofia Ricci wrote:

My toilet bowl leaks where the bottom rim connects to the floor. The bolts
that connect the bowl to the floor were fairly loose. It took several turns
to tighten them "snug" without cracking the bowl. I am waiting to see if
this helps.

I read somewhere that if the leak persists, the gasket between the bowl and
the drain pipe probably needs replacing.

Questions: If I don't see a leak, does it mean that the tightening of the
bolts actually seals the connection between the bowl and the drain pipe? Or
could there be a leak nonetheless, and the bowl rim-floor is so well sealed
that no water seeps out?

Thanks.

Elena Sofia Ricci

I would replace the wax bowl ring (the gasket). It is fairly
easy to do, doesn't cost more than 2.00, and is the only way
to be sure. I have never seen a leaking wax ring seal by just
tightening the closet bolts.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.