Robert Allison

Sean wrote:
I have an older commercial building that I have to drywall and it has a
sloped ceiling. (It slopes about 1/4" every foot. It starts out close to 9'8
and finishes closer to 8'10". It's a very old building). I am putting in a
40' wall right down the center. Should I hang the drywall horizontally or
vertically?
Most people seem to recommend horizontal for most drywalling, but with a
slope like that it makes things a little more interesting.
Thanks

If it is being used for commercial purposes, then it should be
hung vertically. Almost all commercial is hung vertically.
This is partly due to code as it puts all the edges over a
stud and once fire taped, adds a little time to the fire
rating of the wall. In this case, it makes sense to do so
because of the slope, in addition to the code requirements.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.