Doug Miller wrote:
In article .com,

wrote:

Being hard to whip pretty much goes hand-in-hand with being a true,
clear, and present danger to the US. For example, since the end of
the Korean War, the US has generally avoided even diplomatic action
against the PRC for fear it would escalate into something we didn't
want to take on. Consider that we renewed 'Most Favored Nation
Trading Status' with them, after certifying that they had an

acceptable
human rights record, just after they massacred a couple of thousands
of peaceful portestors in Tiennamen Square. Though that probably
had more to do with the cheap labor they provide for American
companies to exploit than concern for reprisals.

I imagine it had a lot more to do with their contributions to

Clinton's
election campaign fund...

What? You REALLY think Bush vetoed economic sanctions against China
because they contributed to his opponent?

America's China policies over the last 40 years have been consitent
and without regard to which party was in the WH.

--

FF