WillR

Mac:

Can't resist this...

mac davis wrote:
I don't think this is a critical question, but it does sort of worry me=

=2E..
=20
Does anyone know of a downside for the lathe to have one end of the sta=

nd/table
higher than the other?
=20
My Jet mini usually sits level on the stand, but if I'm hollowing somet=

hing,
especially if it's small and deep, I've been putting a 4x4 under the ta=

il stock
end of the lathe so this ol' back bends less...=20
=20
Could this hurt the lathe?
=20
Maybe put a side load on the bearings or something?
=20
=20
=20
mac
=20
Please remove splinters before emailing

I agree with Bill H so I won't dwell on that...

I think Level in the "gravimetric" sense might be optimal if you keep=20
tools on the bench. (Level in the mathematical sense would allow a=20
"slope" -- according to gravity.)

Since I routinely wear sandals, I appreciate it when the tools do not=20
roll off the bench (none so far thank you).

So I would prefer the strict sense of the word level.

Since the earth is flat -- as we all know Level is easy to achieve --=20
Just line your table up with the basement (garage) floor -- which as=20
well all know is built level - i.e. co-planar with the earth.

This is not my $.02 worth -- I figure a farthing would do if someone=20
would pay.

Anyway my wife says I gotta go get an XRAY cause I have a lump in my=20
cheek...

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw