justme

In article ,
says...
"justme" wrote in message
Does anyone know of any suppliers of walking stick components/supplies
in the USA? I've found a few suppliers in the UK, but shipping would
seem to be murder.

Not USA based, but Lee Valley Tools still an appreciated dealer to
woodworkers in the US.

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,41306,41332
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,250,43243

Thanks. I'm quite aware of Lee Valley (I just received an order from
them last Saturday), but I was more interested in the horn, and some
wood.

They are clearing out a lot behind my house, and I snagged some nice
hazel branches to make canes. Unfortunately, after getting all in the
mood for making some sticks, I discovered that the wood is supposed to
dry for about a year. After putting my pieces in the rafters, I decided
to go looking for something to practice on.